Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Oh yeah, I have a blog.

Haha, so... it's been awhile since I last posted. Why? I'm very busy! Or lazy... One of those.

The weekend before last, my parents came to Germany to visit me. We looked around Ulm. Here are some pictures.

We got dinner at I-don't-know-how-to-pronounce-the-name-of-this-place.

Then we got ice cream at an Italian ice cream shop. Very German, I know.

That's the ice cream shop.

Here's the birthplace of Albert Einstein. (What? He grew up in a sculpture?) No, silly. But they already tore down the house where he was born. I bet someone regrets that decision.

Rapids. In Ulm. Somewhere.

Ooh, a fish!

 I liked the way the light reflected off the water onto the underside of this bird sculpture.

What? I can be artistic sometimes!

This spot commemorates the first pig transaction in Germany. No, not really. I have no idea what this is.

The Butcher's Tower, a.k.a the Leaning Tower of Ulm. There's a story here, but I don't remember all the details, so I'd probably just butcher it.

Yes, I just did that.

Here's us in front of the Danube. We asked some German kid to take our picture. After taking it, he tried to run off with the camera. I tackled him.

No, not really, but that would have been cool.

We climbed up onto a bastion along the old city wall, and found a garden.

And a sweet view of the city. Blocked by an obnoxious crane.

Me, the wall, the Danube.

Dad, Mom, and graffiti. And the Danube.

The old city wall of Ulm. This is where - 

Squirrel!

A cafe on an island on the Danube. Remember when I showed you that island, back when I climbed the Münster? Yeah, didn't think so. If you did, though, bonus points. Oh, we forgot to leave a tip, so now I can never go back there.

Me, my mom, and North Dakota's capital's namesake. Maybe.

Here's what the outside of my church, St. George, looks like when I'm not wearing my glasses. I didn't take this picture.

Below are some pictures inside.

I really like this statue of Mary. The way she's holding the baby Jesus conveys her maternal nature quite well.
Now I'm just preaching to the... No, I won't say it.

Here's me at my lab computer. We stopped by the university so I could demonstrate how I seemingly get paid to stare at a black screen all day.

Here's St. John the Baptist Church in Neu-Ulm. And now, the inside:

Here's the Baptismal font.
Inside the Baptismal font, and straight up.

Some old fortifications.
And a monument of some kind.

The next weekend (a.k.a. last weekend), I met them in Munich. So expect a blog post about that. (When?) I don't know. Tchüs!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! - Squirrel!

    Hooray, a shout out to North Dakota! Woot!

    Silly Germans, knocking down Einstein's house. What were they thinking?

    ReplyDelete